Pages

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Workout during the summer

January 1, the day I made a New Year's Resolution for 2013. This year, I had the intention to do more workouts and practice more running. Seven months later and I had only downloaded some apps with daily workouts...

During school weeks, I had the lame excuse: 'I have no time.' But here we are, July 1, summer vacation and loads of time! Today I did my first workout session from the app 'Max Capacity Training'. (You can download it for free in the Google Play store or the Itunes store.)


This is how it works:
You do a 16 minute workout, 3 times a week and that for 12 weeks long.
One workout contains 4 exercises (I had, for example, squats, push-ups, lunges and plank bridge but the exercises change with every workout. ) The kind of workout depends on the week you are in: you can have a fifty-ten workout, tabata workout or time attack workout. Week 1 is a fifty-ten workout. There a 4 rounds. You do as many repetitions of the first exercise as you can  in 50 seconds. Then you get 10 seconds rest before moving on to the second exercise, the third exercise etc. Once you've completed all 4 exercises, you completed round 1. Do all that again 3 times and then you are done!

At the end of the workout, you need to write down the numbers of reps your performed on each exercise on Round 1 because the app uses that for the time attack protocol or to follow your evolution.

If I am honest, I wanted to give up already after the second round, but the voice kept pushing me somehow and at the end I got an applause. I guess I'll love this after a few times. It’s refreshing that the exercises and the kind of workout change. A voice that counts down to the end of every exercise is also nice. You can play your own workout music on your phone, laptop... and still hear the voice counting down to the next exercise, without looking at the display of your device with the app running. Everything is very well explained in the app by using drawings. It's very easy in use!

I dare you to find an excuse not to try this app!
-H
Here an extra motivation for you during the workout!
source: http://www.jerseygirltalk.com
Follow our blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment