Pages

Tuesday 3 September 2013

A summer of travels, fun and love

Source
Hello guys!

Since I went back to school yesterday, the summer break is officially over and that kind of takes away the summer feeling that I love so much. In the summer, I always feel free and more vivant than any other time of the year. (That's probably because I don't have to go to school for most of the summer.)

This summer was definitely the best so far. I had so much fun and great memories were made. I travelled quite a lot, got even closer with my awesome boyfriend, saw my friends a lot and… I started this blog with one of my best friends in the world! (How cute of me, calling you that, H.) I want to remember this summer as long as possible, so I thought, let's blog about it!



One of the huge things that was going on in my life this summer was this blog. I really love writing, I always have loved it. Since I was a little kid I've been writing stories, but lately I just didn't write that much anymore, so I thought a blog might be perfect. It's not hard to find something to blog about. Make-up, fashion, DIY… everything is blogable. I also found it challenging to write in English, which is not my native language. I do realize that I might not be able to express myself as good as I can in Dutch, but I don't mind.


I also travelled quite a lot. I went to France for a week. the region I was staying is called 'le Perigord noir' and is famous for its delicious food. There are a lot of really cosy villages and markets and life just seems so laid back there, I love it! It wasn't the first time I went there. I'd been there several times and every time I had the time of my life. I need to say that I had less fun this year, because we were traveling with friends who have little kids, which means we couldn't do whatever we wanted to do.

After France we went to London. Man, I love that city. It just feels like coming home from a long trip when I go to London. I already wrote a post in which I declare my love for the best city in the world, you can read that here.

Source
I wish I was this elegant on a SUP board…

The day after I got home from London I went to Spain on a youth camp. We stayed in a camping near the beach. It was just such a relaxing and fun vacation. In normal circumstances I'm really shy and not good at making new friends or meeting new people, but for some reason I made so much friends in those 10 days! I think the warm weather made me more confident and open for some reason, if that's possible. We did quite a lot of fun things, such as Stand Up Paddling or SUP, a sport in which you have to paddle on a surfboard whilst standing up. I'm not blessed with the gift of elegance, so for me it was more holding on to a surfboard whilst trying not to lose my paddle, but I had a great time anyway (and so did everyone who saw me struggling).

I also did something quite challenging for me. I went on a camp for little children aged 4 to 10 on a farm. I was their leader obviously, I was not one of the children. I normally wouldn't do something like that, certainly not without knowing anyone. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to handle the responsibility, but one day I decided that I had to try new things and stop being afraid. And in the end it turned out to be one of the best experiences this summer. The last day of camp was my birthday and all the kids sang a song for me, so cute.


Something that was even cuter was my boyfriend when I got home. Although I was really tired and I just wanted to sleep, he gave me one of the best birthdays ever. We've been together for quite a while, but somehow this summer we fell in love all over again. The day after my birthday he took me to the Zoo and we had a great time. I've always loved animals and I do have to admit that I found it a bit sad that they weren't free in the wild, but I loved looking at them from so close in real life. A few days later we went on a 2-day trip to the sea. I'd really looked forward to that, but my stomach decided different and I was ill for the entire trip. Great. Fortunately my boyfriend took good care of me.

I also went to some festivals with my friends. We already wrote a blogpost about Rock Werchter and Feest In Het Park. I did a lot of fun stuff with my friends and I had to take care of two dogs. I love dogs, but my parents don't allow me to have one, so I'm always very happy if I get the chance to take care of a dog.

So, this was quite a long post… Do you guys like this kind of lifestyle posts?

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment