Pages

Sunday 2 March 2014

Nails of the month #1


Like most bloggers, we like nailpolish. For us, nailpolish was what got us started in the world of beauty. I personally started using it because I bit my nails all the time, so I figured why not try to put some colour on my nails, maybe I wont find them looking tasty anymore. Believe it or not, it worked. Nowadays I barely leave the house without something on my nails anymore, so I thought it would be fun to show you guys what I have been wearing on my nails in February.



At the beginning of the month I decided to try (and fail) to do a french manicure with Rimmel London's Shout Out Loud, a beautiful creamy dark green, and Catrice Flapper Style from the feathers and pearls limited edition, this is a metallic mix between gold and silver with just a little bit of green.


I know the crackle trend is kind of two years ago, but I just still really really like it. A few months ago I bought the crackle set from Action, you can read a full review here. It had been a while since I used it last, so I decided to give it some love again.


After that I used Buiguine Dead Red, a gorgeous burgundy, and a black striper to paint some diagonal lines on top. I really like how it turned out. You can't really see the stripes from a distance, but you can see that there's something special about the nails.


I also decided to paint my nails with one of my all-time favourite polishes. It's a dark blue metallic one from HEMA and it's perfect. It has a nice finish, it's pretty cheap and it's easy to use.


My local drug store had a sale on Catrice polishes, they were 50 % off. I had been looking at this one (called Genius in a Bottle) for a while, but I never bought it because I was never sure if I would actually like it. 50 % off is a pretty good deal, I figured, so I took it home and to be honest, I still don't know whether I like it or not. It's a lot less duochrome on my nails than it looks in the packaging, so I was just a tiny bit disappointed by that. I still like it though.


These are my favourite nails of the month. I used That's what I Mint from Essence, a light blue, almost minty colour. On top of that I put Two Million dollar baby from Catrice, a polish wit tiny gold glitters and bigger silver glitters. I think this is such a cute combination for spring.


Sorry for the bad quality, by the way. As you see the last picture has better quality, that's because I finally bought a new camera. I might do a post about it as well.

Do you like this kind of posts? When did you start using nailpolish?

-E


Follow our blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Wat een leuke combinaties! Ik vind vooral de laatste erg leuk, maar ik ben dan ook verzot op glitter. ;-)

    ReplyDelete